Westerville Special Olympics (WSO) offers year-round athletic programs for Athletes over 8 years old with developmental disabilities. WSO serves those living in the Westerville area in both Franklin and Delaware Counties. Young Athlete Program (YAP) is offered for athletes age 4-7 years old.
- Westerville Special Olympics is a nonprofit 501(3) c organization that serves the Westerville Ohio community.
- We have no paid staff and do not charge the athletes anything to participate. The program is entirely community funded.
- We currently offer 13 sports programs throughout the year: golf, basketball, swimming, gymnastics, soccer, etc.
- For the 2017 State Summer Games we sent 85 athletes in 5 different sports.
- We are part of the Special Olympics Ohio and Special Olympics USA